No matter what staff you want to acquire on Sunday, 1 factor is for positive, you are going to be grubbin’ on some of your beloved Tremendous Bowl Sunday recipes and treats. Besides for this calendar year, when the game is over, you won’t be remaining experience bloated and sluggish many thanks to Scottsdale, AZ-primarily based chef Dom Ruggiero, founder and CEO of Forged Iron Principles, a Scottsdale-based mostly Hospitality Group which is the father or mother organization of a few restaurants: Hush Community Residence, TVG Tap Space, and Hearth at Will.
Ruggiero, a Maritime Aviation Functions Specialist, studied at Le Cordon Bleu Culinary Institute. He’s labored as a chef in New York Metropolis for a number of decades prior to returning to his hometown in 2019 and opening his 1st cafe.
To assistance burn off off some of the calories he consumes though crafting new culinary strategies in his kitchen area, Ruggiero, who with his wife Holly are anticipating their very first youngster, is an avid weightlifter and trains Brazilian jiu-jitsu.
Below, Ruggiero shares some of his best suggestions on how to effectively prep gameday goodies with no lacking a next of the game—or an ounce of taste!
Tremendous Bowl Sunday Recipe Swaps
Preserve the taste but reduce down on the energy by creating uncomplicated, nonetheless flavorful swaps. “The most effective way I’ve located to make Super Bowl dishes much healthier is to keep with the common fare but to sub alternate elements whereever feasible,” Ruggiero says. For instance, change mayonnaise-based mostly recipes with Greek yogurt or fattier meats with leaner proteins these kinds of as hen or turkey for beef or pork.
Ruggiero suggests these healthful elements swap concepts:
- Swap mayonnaise or bitter cream for Greek Yogurt
- Swap ketchup for salsa for a clear sauce
- Swap ranch dip for hummus
- Swap vegetable oil for olive oil
- Swap soda for seltzer drinking water with lemon
- Swap fats-laden meats with lean proteins
Prep Difficult, Enjoy Tricky
Like absolutely everyone else, Ruggiero desires to be observing the match and savoring the celebration. “I never want to be trapped in the kitchen whilst everyone else is owning enjoyable,” the Tremendous Bowl chef says. So, he generally creates his menu so that it is both quickly prepped ahead of time, and/or capable to be hot-held without having compromising the flavor or texture. “Crockpots and pellet people who smoke are terrific for this,” he claims.
Disposable Aluminum Containers for the Win!
When it arrives to recreation-day preparation, Ruggiero likes to serve all of his Super Bowl Sunday recipes dishes in disposable aluminum pans. “Toward the conclude of the celebration, I’ll put out to-go containers for my friends to get foodstuff home in—it would make cleanse up a breeze,” he states.
Not only does this make for an simple clean up-up, but your close friends get to get pleasure from their Match Working day dishes the following day and you are not stuck with far more foodstuff than you can deal with.
Chef Dom Ruggiero’s Group-Satisfying Tremendous Bowl Sunday Recipes
French Onion Dip Recipe
This handmade French Onion Dip recipe is a person of Ruggiero’s wife’s most loved dishes! “This recipe is an illustration of how you can sub out Greek yogurt for mayo and further virgin olive oil for butter,” hje says. It is good served with chips or fresh-slice greens for an even healthier selection.
- 2 large Yellow Onions
- 2 big Shallots
- 2 cloves minced Garlic
- ¼ cup Added Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- 4oz Softened Cream Cheese
- 1 cup Greek Yogurt
- ½ cup Chives
- Salt and Pepper to flavor
- Compact dice Onions and Shallots. Warmth the oil in a sauté pan and prepare dinner onions till properly caramelized, normally about 30-45 minutes. Time with salt and pepper. Allow great to room temperature.
- In a huge bowl insert the cream cheese and Greek yogurt and whisk right up until smooth. Insert the onion mixture and fresh new-slice chives and whisk till completely included.
BBQ Rooster Lettuce Cups Recipe
Another supporter favourite is these BBQ Hen lettuce cups. Chef Ruggiero serves these with grilled corn, shaved radish, cheddar cheese, and scallions, “But you can personalize them on the other hand you like with your beloved elements.” He suggests. Maintain in brain, “This recipe utilizes the crock pot with your most loved BBQ sauce but you could also use your smoker for added smokey taste.” Endorses Chef Ruggiero.
- 4 Boneless Skinless Hen Breasts (3-4#)
- 2 cups BBQ Sauce
- 2 tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 tbsp Additional Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Onion Powder
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 2 tbsp Brown Sugar
- put the chicken breasts in the crock pot.
- In a bowl insert the remaining elements and blend comprehensively.
- Pour the sauce combination over the rooster and cook on higher for 3-4 hrs or right until the chicken is easily shredded with a fork.
- Hold on low until eventually you are all set to build your lettuce cups.
- 1 head of Butter lettuce
- 1 watermelon radish (shaved slim)
- 1 bunch scallions
- 2 ears Grilled Corn (reduce off the cobb)
- ½ C Grated Cheddar Cheese
- To develop the lettuce cups, location a piece of lettuce down and scoop a couple of ounces of pulled hen and place in the middle.
- Garnish with remaining components to your liking.